Tottenham finished seventh in the Premier League last season to enter the Europa Conference League, UEFA’s new tertiary competition behind the Champions League and Europa League
In pictures: Tottenham ease to win at Colchester
Tottenham have been drawn against either Pacos de Ferreira or Larne in the play-off round of the inaugural UEFA Europa Conference League.
Spurs finished seventh in the Premier Leaguelast season to enter the new competition, which is third in the European pecking order after the Champions League and Europa League.
The play-off round will see newly-appointed manager Nuno Espirito Santo lead his side in his first competitive matches over two legs scheduled for Thursday 19 and Thursday 26 August.
The Europa Conference League is currently at its third qualifying round, with Portuguese side Pacos de Ferreira and Northern Irish club Larne due to contest two legs this Thursday and next Thursday as they vie to set up a clash with Spurs.
Should Spurs advance from their play-off round tie, they will learn their group-stage opponents during the draw on 27 August.
Tottenham’s potential route to the final in Tirana, Albania
- Play-offs: 19 & 26 August
- Group stage draw: 27 August
- Group stage: 16 & 30 September, 21 October, 4 & 25 November, 9 December
- Knockout round play-off draw: 13 December
- Knockout round play-offs: 17 & 24 February
- Round of 16 draw: 25 February
- Round of 16: 10 & 17 March
- Quarter-finals & Semi-final draw: 18 March
- Quarter-finals: 7 & 14 April
- Semi-finals: 28 April & 5 May
- Final: 25 May (National Arena, Tirana)