MANCHESTER UNITED fans could target the rescheduled clash with Liverpool to protest over the Glazer family again.
Around 200 fans entered Old Trafford just hours before the Red Devils were due to face Jurgen Klopp’s side on Sunday.
Thousands more gathered outside the stadium with Greater Manchester Police revealing that one officer had been fortunate to avoid being blinded during the skirmishes that followed the initially peaceful protest.
The officer had been struck by a bottle that had been thrown by a protester.
GMP have also said that a 28-year-old male was arrested over the attacks with six police officers suffering injuries.
One suffered a broken eye socket while another was cut in the face.
Elsewhere in the city, fans also gathered outside the hotels that each side was at, with some United players believed to have offered to go outside to speak with them until security vetoed the idea.
All that resulted in the Premier League match being postponed – leaving both clubs facing a fixture nightmare as chiefs try to figure out a date to play it.
Now The Times claims the ‘fans who broke into Old Trafford on Sunday are planning further attacks’ as they continue to vent their fury over ‘the Glazer family’s ownership and their support for the aborted European Super League’.
They state that planning for more demonstrations is ‘under way’ already and United’s home clash with Leicester on May 12 and the rearranged Liverpool game both being potential targets.
An open letter to Joel Glazer, United’s co-chairman, was published by The Manchester United Supporters’ Trust (MUST) which accused him and his family of ‘driving United into debt and decline’ as they demanded a greater say in decisions.
They also urged him to reply to them by Friday.
Meanwhile, United stewards reportedly complained after the Old Trafford chaos that they did not have enough protection from the fans.
Employees allegedly locked themselves in offices inside the stadium due to fears they could be harmed and another report states one drunken fan even got entry into the United dressing-room.
Following an investigation, United said fans climbed a barrier at the end of the Munich Tunnel section of Old Trafford and then opened a side door to allow more people in.
They vowed to ban any individuals who committed criminal damage inside the ground but added no action would be taken against anyone who was peacefully protesting on the pitch.
The FA is now investigating the shocking scenes but it seems unlikely United could face a points deduction due to the game being called off for security reasons.
⚽ Read our Football live blog for the very latest news from around the grounds