NEWCASTLE are keen on a move for Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar, according to reports.
The French side could opt to sell the Brazilian, although not many sides could afford his wages.
Eddie Howe’s men are among the few teams that would be willing to take them on, although L’Equipe claim that he would be dead against joining the Toon.
Spanish outlet Sport add that Juventus are also in the running, with boss Massimiliano Allegri keen.
Neymar penned a PSG extension in spring last year, with an extra year set to trigger on July 1.
This will take the deal up to 2027.
Speaking to Le Parisien yesterday, PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi refused to commit to a future with Neymar.
He said: “I expected all of the players to do more than last season. Much more!
“The message is clear: working each day at 200 per cent. To give everything we have for this shirt, to give it our all, and then we’ll see what the result is.
“We have to become humble again. We have to change to avoid injuries, suspensions and fouls which can change games.
“We’ll stop saying that we want to win this, this and that. We’re building.
“We have to discipline ourselves, both on and off the pitch. […] Those who want to stay in their comfort zone will stay to one side.”
Asked specifically about Neymar by Marca, he said: “Some will come and others will go, but these are private negotiations.”
Those around the 30-year-old have been stung by the comments, with Neymar having no intention to leave at present.
The star’s private jet was recently forced into an emergency landing.
It was heading back to Brazil after the footballer’s holiday in Miami.
Several reports claim that the aircraft, owned and used by the world’s most-expensive footballer, landed safely in the north east of Brazil following the scare.
It remains unclear whether Neymar was onboard the flight when the worrying incident occurred.