Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Football Reporting
Football Reporting

Barcelona

Juventus make contact with Pulisic’s camp


The summer transfer window is closed for the major leagues in Europe. However, with an eye on January, there’s plenty of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!

TOP STORY: Juve make contact over Pulisic transfer

After months of enquiries, Calciomercato reports that Juventus have made initial contact regarding a move for Chelsea and United States forward Christian Pulisic.

Juve have been looking at the 24-year-old for some time, but it is in recent months that their interest has gained momentum. The report states that Juventus are keen on Pulisic’s versatility, as he has played multiple positions — from winger to wing-back to a false No. 9 — at Chelsea.

With this in mind, the Italian club have made their first contact with Pulisic’s agent in order to gauge whether the American would be interested taking on a new challenge.

Pulisic has only managed one start — which lasted an hour — in Chelsea’s eight matches this season, managing no more than 26 minutes in any of his substitute appearances. Despite this lack of game time, the Blues have no intentions of letting the former Borussia Dortmund star leave for a low transfer fee. Chelsea could demand €35 million for Pulisic’s transfer, which Juventus have taken note of.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Pulisic didn’t play in the USMNT’s 2-0 defeat against Japan last week due to a slight knock but is expected to start in their final World Cup warm-up game against Saudi Arabia on Tuesday.

LIVE BLOG

08.32 BST: Inter Milan defender Milan Skriniar could still leave the club in January, says Gazzetta dello Sport.

Skriniar, 27, has a contract which expires in 2023 but the two parties have yet to make any progress over an extension.

PSG reportedly made a €70m move for the Slovakia international in the summer but although that bid was rejected, the French champions might have more luck in a few months’ time.

08.00 BST: Barcelona defender Ronald Araujo will undergo surgery this week on his right thigh and is at risk of missing the World Cup, sources have told ESPN.

The Uruguay international got hurt in the early minutes of his country’s 1-0 defeat to Iran in a friendly on Friday.

Araujo returned to Barcelona and tests done confirmed damage to his adductor longus tendon.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Barca said in a statement: “The first team player Ronald Araujo will undergo surgery on Wednesday for the adductor longus tendon avulsion he has in his right thigh. The operation will be carried out by Dr. Lasse Lempainen, under the supervision of the Club’s medical staff, in Turku, Finland. When the operation is completed there will be another medical statement.”

The 23-year-old was reluctant to undergo surgery with the World Cup less than two months away, but after talking to Barcelona coach Xavi Hernandez and club doctor Ricardo Pruna on Monday morning, the player has decided to have the operation.

PAPER GOSSIP (by Danny Lewis)

– Marca reports that Borussia Dortmund midfielder Jude Bellingham is Real Madrid’s priority for the 2023 summer transfer window. Los Blancos have previously contacted the England international and asked him not to renew his Dortmund contract, with the 19-year-old reportedly preferring a move to Madrid amid links with Manchester City, Manchester United, and Liverpool.

– Barcelona were unable to complete their move for Manchester City midfielder Bernardo Silva in the summer, but Mundo Deportivo report that the Blaugrana remain undeterred with Xavi Hernandez naming the Portugal international as his main focus to strengthen the team next season. This stance is taken despite the knowledge that the Catalans will likely need to offload an important player in order to make the move financially viable.

– Juventus are hoping to strengthen their defence in the summer and Calciomercato reports that AS Monaco’s Benoit Badiashile remains their first choice. Juventus are also looking at Eintracht Frankfurt’s Evan N’Dicka, who has impressed the Serie A club. N’Dicka’s contract ends in 2023, so he would be available as a free agent.

– Calciomercato has denied claims that Arthur Melo‘s loan from Juventus to Liverpool could be ended prematurely in January, stating that neither the club nor player want that to happen. So far, the Brazilian midfielder has managed just 13 first-team minutes and has played for the Reds’ U21s twice — including in a 1-0 defeat against Rochdale in the EFL Trophy.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Fabrizio Romano reports that that free agent Jason Denayer will join Shabab Al Ahli and is on his way to the United Arab Emirates to complete a move. This will see the former Lyon and Man City centre-back join the likes of Kostas Manolas, Miralem Pjanic and Allan in the UAE Pro League.





Source link

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Barcelona

Louis van Gaal wanted everyone to know he is a lover, not a fighter, as he moved to quell his feud with Argentine playmaker...

AC Milan

AC Milan got their winter friendly campaign underway this afternoon at Milanello, coming from behind to eventually win 3-2 against Serie D side Lumezzane. Milan...

Manchester United

Netherlands manager Louis van Gaal has responded to criticism from Angel di Maria, who blames the Dutchman for his poor spell with Manchester United...

Bundesliga

DOHA, Qatar — Louis van Gaal was at his entertaining best ahead of the Netherlands’ World Cup quarterfinal clash with Argentina, as he admitted...