Amid all the action at Euro 2020 and the Copa America, the summer transfer window has opened, with Europe’s biggest clubs looking to make a splash in the transfer market. Check out the latest gossip below, and see all official deals here.
TOP STORY: Barca, Spurs make contact for Insigne
Napoli’s Lorenzo Insigne is attracting interest from around Europe with Barcelona and Tottenham Hotspur both keen on landing the Italian winger.
That’s according to the Sun, who write that the Serie A star’s agent has already been contacted by both clubs over a potential deal.
Insigne has been a loyal servant to the Naples club with 383 appearances in all competitions for the Partenopei but, with just one year remaining on his current deal, his time could be coming to an end.
The Italy star has been a standout performer so far at Euro 2020 and is preparing for a semifinal on Tuesday against Spain but, after turning 30 last month, Insigne may need to leave Napoli if he is to begin a new challenge during his prime years.
The left-sided attacker remained one of Napoli’s key players last season, scoring 21 goals while registering 15 assists across the campaign.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (U.S. only)
– Euro 2020: Bracket | Live on ESPN | VAR watch | Pick ’em
– The race for Miralem Pjanic is heating up with more clubs joining the race for the Barcelona midfielder, who could be available on a free transfer. Marca reports that Chelsea and Tottenham are the latest sides interested in landing the 31-year-old. The former Juventus star is currently on a contract worth €8 million per year but made just 13 starts for Barcelona last season.
– Aston Villa have received a boost in their pursuit of Axel Tuanzebe with reports that Manchester United would be willing to let the defender go. Football Insider writes that Dean Smith sees Tuanzebe as a first choice centre-back at Villa Park and wants to partner him alongside Tyrone Mings. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side would first need to find a replacement before sanctioning any potential deal.
– Adrien Rabiot‘s time in Turin might be limited with Calciomercato reporting that Juventus want to move on the French midfielder this summer. The Serie A club are currently rebuilding after missing out on the league title last season, and it looks as though Rabiot is not in Massimiliano Allegri’s plans. The 26-year-old was a regular feature for the club in the last campaign, appearing in 47 fixtures across all competitions.
– Nuno Espirito Santo is continuing his recruitment process and it appears that Japanese star Takehiro Tomiyasu could soon be on the move to North London. Fabrizio Romano says that talks are currently ongoing between Bologna and Spurs over the signing of the 22-year-old. A deal is expected to cost in the region of €25m for the Serie A defender who can play both centrally or as a full-back.
– Italian forward Sebastian Giovinco could be set for a move back to Serie A with newly promoted Venezia interested in the player’s services. That’s according to Di Marzio, who says the 34-year-old is reflecting on the possibility of a return to Italy’s top flight before making a final decision. The attacker currently plays for Al-Hilal, but scored just a single goal in 21 appearances last season.